Mineshaft Gap

It's a screening log, no more no less. Maybe I'll have something interesting to say one of these days...


JLG finds his faith.

I have no idea why Catholic church would attempt to ban Godard's Hail Mary. A haunting and beautiful film, its only crime might be to suggest that Mary and Joseph were human beings that would have been bewildered by what befell them. It is also incredibly interesting to watch the old hard line Maoist refinding the faith of his youth. He fashions here a simple, beautiful film that is anchored by a wonderful performance by Myriem Roussel as Mary. In fact, the only fault I can find is that it almost seems to indorse creationism in classes, but then again, not really.

I could imagine no other response from a Christian than deepening of faith through this film, but the only response I could imagine from The Passion of the Christ is disgust so what do I know.

0 Responses to “JLG finds his faith.”

Post a Comment