Mineshaft Gap

It's a screening log, no more no less. Maybe I'll have something interesting to say one of these days...


Nolte.

Watched a really underappreciated little gem the other night. Neil Jordan's The Good Thief just worked on all the levels. Great heist caper, good characters, great acting and interesting visuals.

The real kicker was Nick Nolte, yes he of Bill the Cat-look alike fame. What an amazing performance from a guy who really seemed to be washed up. Plus the Russian actress that played Anne is incredibly attractive, and looks like my girlfriend(lucky me!).

Even though I am an avowed French New Wave obsessive, I've never seen Bob le flambeur, a touchstone film for the Cahiers crowd. I really need to now, if just to compare it to Jordan's excellent remake.

I really wish more people had seen this when it was out.

0 Responses to “Nolte.”

Post a Comment