Mineshaft Gap

It's a screening log, no more no less. Maybe I'll have something interesting to say one of these days...


Year's End.

As far as I am concerned, it has been a pretty great year for films. My top ten won't be finished until after Match Point, Three Burials and The New World and Cache, but as for the calendar year here is the list:

Current 2005 Top 10:
1. A History of Violence
2. The Squid and the Whale
3. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
4. Grizzly Man
5. Brokeback Mountain
6. Broken Flowers
7. Hustle & Flow
8. Last Days
9. King Kong
10. The Constant Gardener

I fully expect one of the aforementioned four to hit the list, hopefully the new Woody Allen. For films I missed, I wish I'd seen 2046, Capote, Me and You and Everyone We Know and many of the films that won't hit till much later (especially Best of Youth). The worst film of last year was hands down the abysmal Crash and the most overrated was the overlong at 77 minutes March of the Penguins.

Other great films of last year: Land of the Dead, Good Night and Good Luck, Kung Fu Hustle, The Devil's Rejects, Murderball, Serenity, Batman Begins, Layer Cake, Ong Bak, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Junebug.

Pretty damn good year.

0 Responses to “Year's End.”

Post a Comment