Mineshaft Gap

It's a screening log, no more no less. Maybe I'll have something interesting to say one of these days...


SF by JLG.

I first saw Godard's Alphaville the summer after I graduated high school. I thought it was cool looking, but it didn't really do anything for me.

I just watched it again a few hours ago, and boy what a difference three years can make. Alphaville is an amazing film, and one of my favorite Godards. It is a perfect mix of genres spy thriller and scifi mixed with distopian society.

Constantine and the amazing Anna Karina nail their parts, just the right tone of humor and tension. Coutard's camera was never better, and Godard keeps the story flowing along, combining brilliant visuals with his own bizarre wit. Amazing.

0 Responses to “SF by JLG.”

Post a Comment