Mineshaft Gap

It's a screening log, no more no less. Maybe I'll have something interesting to say one of these days...


Jean Luc and Werner.

Une Femme Est Une Femme (Godard, 1961)

The 52" widescreen TV I just bought is a godsend. It's not seeing movies in the cinema, but so much closer. That would probably be the best way to explain what happened to me during my second viewing of Une Femme est Une Femme. What had been fun, but like all Godard slightly boring, turned into a magical and wonderful experience. The image really is the thing, so now I must rewatch every major film I had only seen on my 19" TV.

Lessons of Darkness (Herzog, 1992)

Perhaps SciFi really is the best way to see our world. Herzog's beautiful yet sad symphony in fire began as science fiction before taking us into the brutality of human beings. The simple shot of mother and sun is as powerful as the godlike tilt downs from the skies. Fire has never looked so horrible and so haunting.

0 Responses to “Jean Luc and Werner.”

Post a Comment